Have you ever wanted to forward a Gmail address to multiple other addresses so multiple people can monitor the same email address without actually logging out of their main Gmail address? Well there’s a way!
Fireytech specializes in the best computer repair in Tulsa OK as well as managed services for customers with more than 5 computers. Fireytech is the highest rated computer repair shop in Tulsa OK. Now, on to the fun stuff!
To create a filter to forward one Gmail address to multiple email addresses:
- Access your Gmail web interface (mail.google.com) and find the little gear in the top right-hand corner and left click it.
- Click on “See all settings”
- Find the Menu navigation items across the top and click on “Forwarding and POP/IMAP”
- Click on the Add a forwarding address button
- Enter in the Email address that you would like to forward the Emails to
- A pop up box will open to re-verify the email address is correct. If correct, click “Proceed”
- A pop up will open to confirm a verification email has been sent.
- Open the email account to which you sent the verification. There are two methods to confirm.
Option 1: You can click the link:
Option 2: You can copy the numeric code from the email and type it (or paste it) into the “confirmation code” box on the forwarding settings screen
- Repeat steps 4 through 8 for all Email addresses you are forwarding to
- Once you finish adding all the emails to which you want to forward, you need to “Disable Forwarding” from the Forwarding settings page (we will do the forwarding using filters).
- Access the settings again, with steps 1 and 2, but this time select the “Filters and Blocked Addresses” navigation item
- Click the link to “Create a new filter”
- In the To field, fill in the Email address of the account from which you are forwarding Emails for (this will be the account in which you are in currently)
- Select “Create Filter” at the bottom and it will proceed to the filter settings screen.
- Select the Forward it to: and choose the first address to which you want to forward the emails. If the email you want isn’t listed, you need to go back to steps 4-8 to add the forwarding address. We will repeat this step to add the additional email addresses.
- Click the link “Create filter”
- You will be returned to the forwarding section and you’ll now see the new filter listed.
- Repeat steps 9 through 12 to add in all the other Email recipients and keep all the settings the same.
Fireytech is always here to help with your computer repair Tulsa needs. We specialize in providing the highest quality technical services in the Tulsa Metro area. Feel free to call our computer repair shop in Tulsa at 918-258-FIRE (3473) or come by our pc repair shop Tulsa at 9125 S. Sheridan, Tulsa, OK near 91st and Sheridan.